CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 14, 2013

Let's Get It Started!

     As my first year of teaching in Abu Dhabi winds to a close I have made the decision to try my hand at blogging about this educational adventure.  I began blogging last year as my husband and I decided to make a move from Texas, USA all the way across the world to Abu Dhabi, UAE.
     I began teaching 21 years ago in Texas.  My husband and I became empty nesters last year when our youngest child headed to college at Texas A & M University.  Our oldest child had been at Howard Payne University in Brownwood, Texas for 2 years when we decided to embark on this adventure. As a veteran teacher I never realized how much I would learn about teaching as well as myself as I spent my first year teaching overseas. The past year of teaching second and third grade girls in Abu Dhabi, UAE has been an incredible learning experience to say the least.
     I am ready to head home for the summer to spend time with family and friends.  I am also looking forward to another great year of teaching in the UAE.  As most teachers do, I am already thinking of things that I want to change or update for next year so I plan to document my summer planning and the next year of teaching in Abu Dhabi.



1 comments:

Unknown

Good luck with your teaching career there.

property shop

Post a Comment