CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 14, 2013

Ten Pin Linky Party





     I am a pinterest addict so when I found Ashley Reed's Ten Pin Linky Party I knew I had to participate.  I just began a new blog documenting my adventures teaching in Abu Dhabi, UAE so if you check out my blog you will see it's just getting off the ground.  I hope some of you will revisit my blog spot as I share my experiences!

1.




I absolutely love this center set up. The bed tray type containers would be perfect for small students and they keep everything so organized! I found this idea on tickledpinkmandy.blogspot.com

2.



I hope to sew some of these precious owls for small boo-boos next year. I found these on http://www.etsy.com/listing/78812407/lovely-plush-mini-owl-choose-any-color?ref=v1_other_2


 3.
I am in love with this lantern owl also. I may see a room theme in my future but I can't commit at this point until I get home to Texas to see what is cheap and light to bring back in my suitcases. I picked up this pin on http://pinterest.com/source/dollarstorecrafts.com/

4.
My husband is king of the zip ties. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. I can't wait to use this tip to create tables out of all those desks! I found this pin on http://schroederpage.blogspot.com/


 5.
With my tables zip tied together I am going to need to be able to move my desk tags easily. I have been using box tape for years and hated it. I was excited to grab this pin on http://www.elementaryorganization.blogspot.com/


 6.
Teaching a room full of second language learners led me to this pin. Most of my summer work will be across the world from my actual classroom. In the UAE teachers don't have the luxury of spending time in their classrooms over the summer so I will be working on bilingual labels for my classroom and I want to use actual pictures whenever possible. This link came from http://pinterest.com/source/adsit.net/

 7.
These ice trays and crayola markers are at the top of my list of things to bring back from the US.  I am hoping this storage idea will make it easy to check that all markers have a lid in place when we clean up.  I cried every time I lost a marker this year from drying up because I knew it would be months before I was able to get replacements.  I grabbed this link on pre-kpages.com

8.

I love the idea of using a lazy susan with containers attached for my tables next year. I need to find a source for cheap ones. If anyone has any tips on where to purchase them at a good price I would appreciate the help! I grabbed this pin on http://rowdyinroom300.blogspot.com/

9.
One of my biggest headaches this year teaching in a new culture is the number of interruptions I get from people opening the door to see which of my 2 classes are in the room or to ask where they are.  I plan to modify this idea to include 2 classes and of course have it translated into Arabic as well.  I hope it helps!  I picked up this idea on mrsfreshwatersclass.com.

10.
I have not tried this yet but it is another goal I have for the summer while I am limited to computer work and shopping.  I think this classroom management tool will be great for those girls who speak little to no English.  I know it will give them confidence in using classroom routines without having to ask another student what is being said.  Visual and auditory clues are high on my list this year!  If anyone has any tips or ideas for this goal I would love to hear them.  I grabbed this idea from http://classroomcollective.tumblr.com/tagged/Classroom+Organization/
I can't believe I'm already at the end of my first try with a linky party.  I had a blast and I hope you find something useful for yourself!  Have a wonderful week!!!

6 comments:

Arr

Pinterest has a lot of great classroom ideas.

4321Teach

The idea that you are teaching abroad is so cool!
I found your blog through the Pinterest Linky.
Congrats on completing your first linky, just make sure you like to your exact post, not just your blog.

EmilyK

Tammy

Like your pinterest ideas. I was looking at the writing lazy susan and I would use cans from Bush's Baked Beans because those cans do not have the sharp edge around them after you have opened them. I use the 22 oz size. I would just decorate with scrapbook paper and you have your containers. I bet at Hobby Lobby, you could buy a round circle of wood, paint it and maybe even find a circle thing to attach on the bottom so that it moves around in a circle. I have never seen them there but I have never looked for them either. That would be my cheap way of going about getting one. I just may have to make one now.
I love the idea that you teach aboard. I have always wanted to do that but have not. I am your newest follower and can't wait to read more about your experiences.
Glad I found you.
Tammy

Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

Chrissy

I have to check out how to set transitions to music. I love that idea!
So glad to have found your blog through this linky. I look forward, too, to hearing more about teaching in UAE. Take care!
Chrissy
First Grade Found Me

A. Reed

Thanks for linking up. I love your pins. i actually used the owl globe pin recently to create owls of my own! Be sure to link up starting Wednesday on classroom management!

The Ragers

Shawn, did you find the trays for markers? I've looked around for them but have never seen them!

Post a Comment